1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unwatchable movie scenes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MartinEnigmatica, May 14, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Actually, BYH, the scene to which you're referring is when Adam Goldberg (Pvt. Mellish) is fighting hand-to-hand with the German and gets the knife slowly plunged into his throat. But you're right...it's a painful scene, especially because the German is speaking frantically but quietly to the guy as he kills him. Brutal.

2. Billy Monday

Billy Monday Member

Agreed. The dialogue is so terribly written that it not only ruins those Star Wars movies, but all of them. I can't watch The Empire Strikes Back anymore without thinking of Vader as a young sissy brat with corny love lines.

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

That line about sand being coarse is the worst line of dialogue in the history of cinema.

Also, the fingernails scene in Syriana is pretty tough to take.

4. ...starring Adam Sandler.

5. Jones

Jones Active Member

Had to look that line up:

"I don't like sand. It's rough and coarse and irritating, and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything's soft... and smooth..."

And covered in barf.

6. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Kathy Bates and Jack Nicholson in the hot tub in About Schmidt was a "never see" for me.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

A couple of scenes in Irreversible – the (mistaken) killing and the rape – that are tough to get through.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The scene in "Not Another Teen Movie" where the chick is shitting and falls through the floor into the classroom.

That's just gross.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Taking a duke in the shower and stepping on it from the Sopranoes two weeks ago.

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Game.
    Set.
    Match.

I love that movie, but I fast-forward through that scene. It's waaaay too tough to watch.

11. Ned Beatty in Deliverance.

Also, any scene that involves jamming a needle into yourself, such as Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction and any drug taking scene in The Basketball Diaries.

12. the fop

the fop Member

Great call. Agonizingly true to life.

Also, Michael Madsen and Stealers Wheel from Reservoir Dogs.

Draft saved Draft deleted