1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unknown Paper

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by brownsugar, Jul 13, 2006.

1. brownsugar

brownsugar New Member

Company: Daily newspaper
    Position:
    Sports editor
    Job Status: Not Specified
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires:
    August 17, 2006
    Job ID: 659373

Description:
    Our ideal candidate already works at a quality newspaper in a management role. The candidate knows how to cover local sports from the professional level to the microlocal level. We've already won state awards but we are not stopping there.

This is such a joke. Why would someone want to apply for a job that No. 1, you don't where it is located and No. 2, you don't know what newspaper or situation you're about to get yourself involved in? Sounds real fishy to me.

2. JME

JME Member

unfuckinbelievable

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

"Microlocal" ???

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I've always liked reading Daily Newspaper, but I don't think I want to move to Unspecified, Other. That part of Other is to expensive on a journalist's salary.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Microlocal, now that's funny. Is that in the AP stylebook?lol But, hey, we can bust on this all we want. They'll get their share of resumes and draw in some poor sucker.

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

The night life in Unspecified, Other really sucks. If you go there for a day or two, they have a few really cool places to drink/dance/hang out at, but if you stay there for any period of time, you realize that those are the only places and without any variety, it simply becomes boring.

And the ME at Daily Newspaper is a total jackass. They have decent circ numbers, but he thinks the way to improve them is to put Little League team photos as a standalone on the cover. Don't go there unless you want to cover the Unspecified 8-and-under Little League clash between the Cowboys and Indians.

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

Found it.

MICROLOCAL: Explanation of coverage including -- but not limited to -- 3rd grade, coach-pitch baseball leagues; particularly relevant when related to Publisher's son.

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

MU, that's scary. But a lot of publishers are like that. Do you have any idea why?

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

They are dicks.

10. Hey, the Microlocals won the under-7 sub-regional district round-robin last spring, and might go to state if their parents ante up enough bucks! ;D

11. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

I believe those who have visited the place like to call it "Unspecifiednam"

12. What? Galveston has an opening?

Draft saved Draft deleted