1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

University of Tennessee football beat - Knoxville News Sentinel

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Philkaplan, May 6, 2012.

1. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

Gutenberg. Stop.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Freddie, I think he's trying to agitate enough to get the thread locked. Best thing to do is ignore him.

3. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Can I say what everyone else is thinking?

You're an idiot.

4. writingump

writingump Member

I applied for this gig once and didn't get it, but this is a good newspaper. Anyone in their right mind, whether it's an up-and-comer like Phil's hired of late or a salty veteran, would be well-served to go after this one. Someone must have gone Onterrio Smith whizzenator in Gutenberg's corn flakes this morning.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Is this an entry level job, because if it's not, that sucks, dude?

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

On top of everything else that's been said, Phil is one of the folks that posts jobs here that also provides status updates. That alone is praiseworthy.

7. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

It's encouraging to see more writers on here posting under their actual names. Can't bring myself to do it yet, but it's a sign of good progress toward civility and accountability.

8. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

You're right, of course. ... It was just such a stunningly obtuse statement by someone who clearly knows nothing about Phil.

9. If you didn't get hit on the slab for the reporter spot, should you waste ya time on this? Homie just tryin' to get bread.

10. writingump

writingump Member

All they can do is say no. Never hurts to put your hat in the ring.

11. JJHHI

JJHHI Member

I've said it many times, and I'll say it again: I'm pleased with my decision to leave newspapers, and not many jobs would make me consider getting back in, even for a second. Working for Phil would be one of them.

Gutenberg is a foof.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Did this ever get filled? Hell, Andrew Gribble may want to move back after Black Thursday in Birmingham.

Draft saved Draft deleted