1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

University of Tennessee football beat at Knoxville News Sentinel

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Philkaplan, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Great job. Great paper. I might even go as far as to say the best hometown paper in the SEC.

2. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

Drew is good people and has landed a good gig. Phil is good people and knows his stuff. This newspaper covers the Vols hard, both online and in print. This new hire will get some in-house help as well as from Nashville. All part of the recent content-sharing agreement.

3. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

What about Bryan Mullen? He's got two years under his belt covering UT for The Tennessean, and they pulled him off the beat a couple months ago with this content-sharing deal. Mully's a nice writer.

4. CornFlakes

CornFlakes Member

You mention the term "great boss." I'm not familiar with the term.

I've only worked for jerks and career lightweights.

And does Drew have a last name or is he a South American soccer player? And what is Drew's new gig?

5. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

A simple google search will produce his name. As for his new job, I'll let the said Drew or someone else share his news. As a friend, I respect his privacy. He's just fine.

6. CornFlakes

CornFlakes Member

Fair enough, Quagmire. I'll google the dude since I never heard of him (or her, since I know there's at least one female in the world with the name Drew). Thanks.

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Add me to the list of people extremely happy for Drew. Dude has busted his ass since the day I met him.

Newspapers are losing another really good reporter and writer.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

No comment. I wish I could, but alas ...

9. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

Well, I've always thought Knoxville was a great place to live.

As for Drew, per these comments, I'm now very curious as to what his new job is, so maybe someone will share. But congrats to him as it seems to be something pretty good.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is he pimping in New Hampshire?

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Right there with you -- except mine was 2005, yours was 2009.

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Drew is leaving the paper to join the University of Tennessee's athletic department. He'll be working under the A.D. in the role of Assistant Director of Internet Communications (or something of that sort). Essentially, he'll be producing stories, etc., for the school's Web site.
    It's a hell of a gig, and again, I wish him public congrats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.