1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

University of South Carolina beat writer | Charleston Post and Courier

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boundforboston, May 26, 2017.

1. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

The Post and Courier, a growing, independently owned news organization based in Charleston, S.C., and winner of the 2015 Pulitzer Prize for Public Service, is looking for an enthusiastic, talented sports reporter to join our veteran team in our Columbia bureau as the beat reporter for University of South Carolina athletics.

This is a demanding position and requires someone capable of covering multiple and overlapping sports in a highly competitive market. The right candidate must think digital first, helping break news online while enhancing your copy for print. You should be comfortable monitoring and sharing news on all social media platforms, and be able to recognize the variety of ways we can tell stories in the digital age. If you can show us you have the ability to spot and execute engaging enterprise work, you’ll move to the top of our list.

The Post and Courier is the largest daily newspaper in South Carolina and has been consistently recognized by the South Carolina Press Association for its coverage of both South Carolina and Clemson athletics. Our standards and expectations are high and we strive to go higher.

If you think you fit the bill, send a resume, cover letter and three to five of your best clips to Post and Courier Sports Editor Malcolm DeWitt at mdewitt@postandcourier.com. The Post and Courier is a drug-free and equal opportunity employer.

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - University of South Carolina beat reporter

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I could certainly think of worse places to live, that's for damn sure.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Except the job is in Columbia and not Charleston.

4. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Wasn't David Caraviello on that beat for the Post and Courier?

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'd commute a lot. :)

dixiehack likes this.
  6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yep. Big difference in miles and quality of life.

7. Michael Prunka

Michael Prunka New Member

I've never been to Charleston and I've heard it's definitely nicer, but I've always enjoyed Columbia when I traveled there to cover stuff.

8. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Yes

9. MiamiBoy

MiamiBoy Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted