1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

University of Kentucky beat, Louisville, KY

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by franticscribe, May 16, 2006.

1. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

I'm trying my best to not feed The Troll. It's a difficult fight, but I'm going to win this one.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Just go back to having orgasms about "Effin studs" and watching the story of your life: "You Got Served."

After all, having actual knowledge of the paper and writers is simply unforgivable. ::)

3. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

Anyone in the know heard anything else about this opening?

Giggittty!!!

4. SportsScribe5

SportsScribe5 Member

Doesn't seem to be a lot of people on here in the know about this gig. Just a lot of speculation. I did hear from a buddy that the C-J won't be covering IU hoops anymore. Relying on the Indy Star instead.

5. JackInTheBox

JackInTheBox Member

My sources, for what that's worth, say C.L. Brown (Indiana beat writer) is the frontrunner.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

wenalway? You'd stand a better chance of someone actually reading that site if you renamed it 'amway.'

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I'll make a note of that, but I'm pretty sure the Amway domain was taken.

Thanks for the advice, though.

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

C.L. is good people. I hope he gets it -- he would do a good job.

9. It seems as though Brian Bennett and C.L. Brown have split the copy about UK since Miichael Smith left. I've heard that it's Bennett's to turn down. But the problem is his wife doesn't want to move to Lexington. I've also heard that the C-J could, and might, fix that problem with a little more cash. Haven't heard much on Brown, but I would think he would be the second choice if the IU beat extinction is true. Since moving from the OVC beat to IU, I don't think he's done a whole lot to stand out against his competition in Bloomington and Indy.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Hey, I live in Lexington and this city isn't a dump. Fuck you.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

To the point.
    Civil.
    Nice.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Actually, I rather like Lexington and I thought I made that clear. Next time, try trimming the quotes back to the part that piss you off, or better yet ... click the bolded text just above the quote to take you to the original post.

And fuck you too, asshole.

Draft saved Draft deleted