1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

University of Illinois beat, Champaign

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ShelbyFoote, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Brett will be just fine. Count on it.

2. it's definitely an advantage to have covered them before.

3. That's true. Just doubt Tubby would call him from hospital bed like Weber did :eek:

4. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

I'm with IJAG: Brett will be just fine.

ALSO (semi-unrlated issue): Stop feeding the troll!

5. Nobody said Dawson wouldn't do fine, just said it will be very different from what he's dealt with lately.
    And Tipton isn't seeking a Pulitzer! He's just a damn good beat writer and the Herald Leader is a watchdog of the program, unlike the C-J.

6. JME

JME Member

The Big Ten isn't underrated, it's just not as good as the ACC or Big East. The last Big 10 team to win the national title was MSU in 2000, and before that it was Michigan in 89. The Big East and ACC have won 5 of the last 6 alone. The ACC has also won that challeneg every year of its existence.

That plodding style of ball just doesn't get it done. Not that it's not a solid conference, but...

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Thanks for checking in, Dukey V.

8. JME

JME Member

Everything I said was fact.

9. You clearly know much about college basketball. Please, enlighten us further.

10. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

How many Big 10 teams made the Sweet 16 this year?

11. I don't know about last year, but the year before there were two in the Final Four and three in the Elite Eight.

Besides, I only quoted the line about 'That plodding style of ball,' which is a lazy/ignorant (as in incorrect) view of Big Ten basketball. The guy probably thinks Wisconsin still tries to keep it in the 50s.

(edited) Damnit. That's what I meant to say. Thanks, Dye.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Unless my sequence is off, I believe there were three in the Elite Eight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.