1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

University of Illinois beat, Champaign

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ShelbyFoote, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SportsScribe5

SportsScribe5 Member

Tried a Google search on a Mon Stertitz and it turned up nothing. Who is she? What does she cover?
    Also, anyone know the other three out-of-house candidates?

2. Lion_Woods

Lion_Woods Active Member

She's a good writer. She deserves the job, but when she gets hired, everyone will say it's because she's a woman. But trust me, she will do more than hold her own against the competition.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Mon Stertitz sounds like a premium vodka.

For her sake, I hope her last name isn't pronounced like it looks like it would.

4. 85bears

85bears Member

Monica "Mon" Stertitz attended Northwestern, did she not? Could be interesting dymanic there, especially if the orange-and-blue fans discover her background.

5. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I heard she was really big there.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Bravo, tom petty. Mission accomplished. :D

7. ShelbyFoote

ShelbyFoote Member

We've been had?

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Had with a capital H. Bravo, Thomas. Bravo.

9. ShelbyFoote

ShelbyFoote Member

85Bears deserves a "well done," too, with the Northwestern detail. Made me go, "Wait a second..."

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

*reads name again*

Oh, fuck me wide open. Got the second half right, whiffed on the first. How stupid am I? (don't answer).

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

when a mere 27 posts stands between a man retrieving double j several labbats throughout the evening and early morning and achieving JR MEMBER status, said man can pull stuff from regions unknown.

12. joe

joe Active Member

Update: Rossow says search is getting close, and the N-G hopes to have its person within a couple of weeks. If you applied and interviewed, good luck. Rossow's a good guy to work for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.