1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

University of Alabama football recruiting reporter/writer/columnist needed

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Erik, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Erik

Erik New Member

Looking for a University of Alabama football recruiting reporter/writer/columnist for ESPN affiliate CrimsonConfidential.com. Need a sports journalist who has experience in covering recruiting and has a passion for it. Living in Alabama is a plus but not a requirement. Alabama, it should be noted, has become one of college football's top recruiting powers since Nick Saban arrived in 2007.

If interested, please e-mail Erik Stinnett at stinnetterik@gmail.com and include resume.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Alabama football was invented in 2007. It never existed before Nick the Prick got there.

Roll Tide.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Dammit, Mizzou. If you're gonna do it, do it right....

RTR!!!

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

So the reporting part is devalued as long as you skim other news outlets for your stories?

5. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

There is one of these so-called "ESPN affiliates" in my neck of the woods and it is an utter debacle. Doesn't mean this one is, but it does mean that being an "ESPN affiliate" doesn't mean anything.

I'm stunned ESPN allows itself to be associated with the site that operates here. It's run by a fan with no journalistic experience whatsoever who takes wild guesses on stories and generally behaves like a fanboy boob everywhere he goes.

In this area, it would pretty much be career suicide to work for that site, assuming your career is journalism.

Like I said, they're probably not all like the one here. The point is to forewarn about the ESPN affiliate thing.

6. Gary L

Gary L New Member

I used to work in this position alongside Erik. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me at gary.lloyd87@gmail.com.

Erik is a professional in every sense of the word, in my opinion, and I hate that all these Web sites are lumped together as "fans" who are writing, etc. Erik is great at what he does, and he just needs a little help.

Again, feel free to ask me anything about this job.

7. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

lol (assuming tongue in cheek comment here)

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

YEAH! IT WAS INVENTED IN THE third place SEC finish 1941 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

9. Are they still affiliated with ESPN.com? I only see like five sites still on recruiting site. Is ESPN getting out of team site business?

10. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Unless something has changed, expect the pay to be abysmal.

rb

11. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Last I checked, it pays better than not writing! :)

12. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

That's pretty much the business, right?

Draft saved Draft deleted