1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Universal desk editor, Westchester (N.Y.) Journal News

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by playthrough, Dec 5, 2009.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The Journal News, the leading information source in the Lower Hudson Valley of New York, seeks an editor with sports expertise for its Universal Desk. Universal editors deliver content for daily and weekly newspapers and digital platforms; design pages, edit copy, write headlines and captions; and proof and release pages. Candidates must have experience producing pages in Quark XPress and working on a production desk at a daily newspaper. The job being filled primarily involves sports content, but universal editors handle material on all topics, for all sections. This is a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Candidates must have demonstrated ability to adapt their pace to the demands of the moment, must successfully complete assignments on time and must contribute to the strategic success of the organization. Position is full time, nights and weekends. Send resume and work samples to jmcdona@lohud.com.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Westchester just had major cuts a few months ago throughout the entire paper, and they're now moving their printing to NJ.

http://www.gannettoid.com/

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Rumor has it that more cuts are looming.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The apprehension with Gannett is understandable.

But if you can get past that - or are looking, anyway - Joe McDonald is a top-notch man. Highly recommended.

5. worked there early in my career....I wouldn't wish that paper on my worst enemy

6. beanpole

beanpole Member

This just got posted again.

http://www.massmediajobs.com/index.php?page=out&id=30640

Draft saved Draft deleted