1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Univ. of Houston WR suffers Joe Theismann-like injury. KID BACK IN HOSPITAL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnoopyBoy, Oct 29, 2008.

1. cubman

cubman Member

Re: Univ. of Houston WR suffers Joe Theismann-like injury. PICTURE ON SECOND PAG

Marshall. Ugh. My favorite two memories of that place are ...
    * 1997: After the MAC championship when Randy Moss-led Marshall thrashed Toledo, Marshall fans threw trash, half-eaten food and pretty much anything else available at Toledo players and band members. The band, for God's sake.
    * 1998: Marshall fans stormed the field with 20 seconds left in the MAC title game and the Herd leading Toledo 23-17. Toledo had the ball. The officials let the clock run out because there was no way everyone was getting off the field. I'll never forget the scene doing the game on student radio. I had a flashback to that last night when Texas Tech fans twice stormed the field and tried to tear down the goalposts with time remaining. ::)
    And yes, I went to Toledo but really couldn't have cared less nor do I really care to this day whether the football team wins or loses. It's just that many Marshall fans and apparently the football support staff were and are clueless and/or boorish.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

Re: Univ. of Houston WR suffers Joe Theismann-like injury. PICTURE ON SECOND PAGE

sorry, but i would have booted that pooch right in the fucking chops.

3. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

Re: Univ. of Houston WR suffers Joe Theismann-like injury. PICTURE ON SECOND PAGE

Houston WR is back in the hospital due to infection.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/sports/6098154.html

Draft saved Draft deleted