1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Univ. of Houston WR suffers Joe Theismann-like injury. KID BACK IN HOSPITAL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnoopyBoy, Oct 29, 2008.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Re: Univ. of Houston WR suffers Joe Theisman-like injury. Hard to watch!

And it was midway through the third quarter, for pete's sake. Whether it was band stuff or other halftime crap (or anything under the sun), there was time to move it. Someone was asleep at the wheel there.

2. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Huge Marshall fanboy here -- I saw that last night while working and once I saw the first replay, I was running around the office screaming in pain for that guy. That was horrible. And I absolutely agree that he should sue MU for medical care, pain and suffering, and MU's stupidity for leaving those carts there. Some dumbass really should be fired for that.

What's sad is I got on a fairly popular Marshall message board this morning and while most people were saying somebody (the band director -- apparently those were band carts and have been stored there for some time post-halftimes) should be fired and MU should/will be sued, other people were actually saying it was either nobody's fault or the WR's fault for over-running the play. Those people point out that the CB covering him was able to avoid the cart, why couldn't the WR?

And yes, those people make me embarrassed that I root for Marshall.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That's the only reason?

4. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Hey buddy, three words for ya:

We Are... you can guess the third word (probably opening myself to ridicule with that one...)

5. Armchair_QB

6. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

Nice!

7. Armchair_QB

[​IMG]

Marshall crowned its Homecoming King and Queen last night too.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Gawd, I hope that kid sues Marshall big time. What in the blue fuck were those carts doing there? Heads should roll for that too. There should be people fired left and right.

9. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I'm not about to defend Marshall for the carts being there but it is pretty sad that the first thought expressed is that he should sue the school. My first thought was I hope the kid can walk normal, play football, etc., again.

That being said Marshall isn't the first school to have crap like that so close to the playing field during a game. It's a bigger problem than Marshall.

The kid obviously has a good case (and reason to sue).

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Marshall definitely has some responsibility here, but I don't think it ultimately rests with the band director. He's in charge of running the band. Somewhere is someone with the title of "field operations manager" or something, and that's the person who should have been in charge of keeping the field clear.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Agreed. That's bad news bears. Marshall guy almost killed himself jumping over the carts.

That is a terrible injury that could have been prevented if someone was doing their job better.

12. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Nice of the WWL to show the replay three ... four times, from different angles, and hover over the guy as his trainers are helping him.

It's news, but have a little compassion for the guy. His leg just got snapped.

Those carts should be Example No. 1 for every AD and band director to have a discussion about whose field it is and why it is being used. Get the fucking carts, the hangers-on, the fanboi photographers with push-button cameras and anyone else not related to the team off the field.

Draft saved Draft deleted