1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

United States of Tara

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jan 27, 2009.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Never seen Dexter, I don't have Showtime.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Then how can you say what you said?

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I was basing it on the other stuff I have seen on Showtime, from when I did have it.

4. imjustagirl

What did you see?

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

One episode of Weeds, a few of Californication, a few of The Tudors, a season of The L Word. None of them did it for me.

6. imjustagirl

Fair enough. I still wouldn't say "anything that Showtime has done" because none of those are anything close to the genre of most of the shows you listed.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

True.

In my opinion it is going to be hard for anyone to top The Wire. But I can see how someone wouldn't see it in the same light as I do.

I heard Showtime has a show called Brotherhood that is supposed to be quite good.

8. imjustagirl

I mean, I never saw any of The Wire. But I don't like Oz or The Sopranos. At all. So you know, different strokes, different folks. But I wouldn't say HBO puts out unmitigated crap either.

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

If you didn't like Oz or The Sopranos odds are The Wire might not be something you would enjoy.

HBO puts of some stinkers, like Deadwood.

10. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Brotherhood was pretty good (though it recently ended its three-season run). Not quite The Wire or The Sopranos, but good, better than 98 percent of what's on TV, at least if you're into urban crime and politics stuff. Very well-acted. Very, very dark.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Californication is my favorite show on TV.

Weeds has fallen a bit, but is still pretty good.

In this show, the two actors who play the kids are great and John Corbert (sp?) is very good as the husband. Patton Oswalt has a small part. Collette is an amazing actress. I wish she was a little more MILFy, as it is, she's kind of funny-looking.

12. I watched about six episodes of Weed before I lost interest.

Draft saved Draft deleted