1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Uni Watch ranks all pro jerseys

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The Jackets have come a long way since their original logo with the stupid bee on the shoulders.

[​IMG]

I think this is a cool logo, don't know if they use it anymore:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Top 5:

Canadiens
    Bears
    Cardinals
    Cubs
    Bruins

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/story/_/id/8295892/uni-watch-power-rankings-rates-nfl-mlb-nba-nhl-uniforms-1-122

3. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

His problem with the Pirates' black alternate (which I agree with) is the location of the front number. It should be even with the "P" logo, not below it. Or, if they must be on different levels, it should be on the lower left side with the "P" on the upper right. As it stands now, it just looks backwards when compared to the rest of the Pirates' set.

See, it just looks inconsistent with the other unis they have (thankfully they scrapped that Godawful pinstriped set). Bring the number up and even with the "P" and it'd look a hell of a lot better. (The Nationals have the same problem with their red jerseys.)

[​IMG]

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I gave up caring about this list when he put the Blackhawks so low.

And I'm a staunch Red Wings fan.

But I can live with Les Habitants.

5. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Blue, Blanc, Rouge.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The Canadiens are a fine choice. Also, I forgot about the insanely striped socks rounding out the Maple Leafs' otherwise elite-level jerseys.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The top 10 all have clean, basic, simple designs, and have avoided the trends.

The same things the Clippers have, but the Clippers are near last.

I like all the top 10. I never really looked at the Cubs unis before in 'that way'. They are great.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

It was a good top five, just so many inconsistencies throughout the rest of it.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The thing with the Maple Leafs is their third jersey this year will be the best of the set.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2012/8/2/leafs-reviving-the-30s-this-winter.html

Never have been a fan of the geometrical Maple Leaf, but I am a fan of the stripes.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The Cubs' home uniforms are great, but I think he seriously overrates their road combos.

And their alternate logo is stupid. Though fine for some comedic fodder.

[​IMG]

Bring back this ...

[​IMG]

11. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Can't argue with Canadiens as #1. Red Wings behind the Rangers and Bruins is nonsense, but given where he put the Blackhawks, I shouldn't be surprised.

Draft saved Draft deleted