1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Uni Watch ranks all pro jerseys

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Aug 20, 2012.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Honestly, I don't know if he'll have the Yankees that high. I love the uniforms, but I'm biased because I'm a Yankees fan. I just don't know if he thinks their unis are the best in all of sports.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I didn't say they were bad, just that they were pretty generic - like what you would see "the other team" wear in a TV show or movie.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They did . . . before moving to L.A.

[​IMG]

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Ya know, I never really noticed how eerily similar the Clippers' and Lakers' script logos are.

Surely the Clippers can do something -- anything -- to change it up.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

So far...I don't agree with much he has said.

I guess there goes my fashion sense.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Here is today's list.

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/story/_/id/8275112/uni-watch-power-rankings-rates-nfl-mlb-nba-nhl-uniforms-1-122

Calls the Ducks logo an "icon in the making" hoping that's tongue-and-cheek. No huge surprises here for me, outside the fact the Florida Panthers have yet to make an appearance. I also like the Raptors' look after decades of terribleness. With a few of these I think he docks teams too much for their history of bad uniforms instead of what they currently have. One thing is clear, and this isn't a knock on Lukas as much as it is on the league, the NHL is still plagued by too many Reebok Edge jerseys.

7. Gold

Gold Active Member

Sacramento's uniforms remind me of the purple and black semi-circles they would hang in front of a firehouse when one of the firemen died. The only reason it is 122 is because there are only 122 teams.

8. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Still no Golden State Warriors. Maybe we'll finish in the top half of this, since we can't finish in the top half of the standings more than once a decade.

9. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

If any city rates a higher total score than Detroit, I demand a recount. Tigers are classics. Red Wings are #2 in the NHL at absolute worst. Lions and Pistons are both simple with history behind them.

[EDIT: And, after posting that, I just saw the Lions are 108th. I forgot about Lukas's obsessive hatred of black. Which, combined with his even weirder hatred of purple, made last place a given.]

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Thing is, he nailed the issue with the Whalercanes. The red and white were very good uniforms before Reebok screwed with the shoulder piping.

No biggie ... just find the pre-2007 red sweaters without the silly piping and the alternate sweaters, which are black, also without the piping, pretty well done and not black for black's sake because it has been part of the color scheme (though Peter Karmanos claimed he wouldn't let this happen a decade ago).

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I really do hate the collars on the Nike fb uniforms. It's like they want to look like the WhiteSox, circa 1979.
    Interesting reading so far. Stunned the Saints were so low, but they effed up the best NFL unis this side of the classic Lions.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Actually, the all-black jerseys with blue/silver numerals from the Millen era didn't look bad (in glaring contrast to the team itself, which did).

But then they made the REALLY stupid gaffe of only PARTIALLY getting rid of the black -- they left annoying, arbitrary and awkward black pinstripes all over the uniforms.

Just go back to the Honolulu Blue and Silver.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted