1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Uni watch: It's Code Red for the Pirates

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by linotype, Jan 27, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I don't dislike the kid too much. Just his cockiness while playing for a shit-ass program was unnerving. Yeah, emotion can take over at any point, but going on national TV and dropping the F-bomb shows he ain't the sharpest tool in the shed.

2. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

That's to cover up the blood, I think.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

As I mentioned before, I think that is a family thing. The father, also a local coach, tends to be quite liberal with the F-bombs and other related explosives, though I don't know of him ever doing it on live TV like the kid did.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Lest I remind you who Penn State's QB is? Not exactly a MENSA candidate. Tyler says "fuck" a lot. Morelli couldn't spell "fuck" if you spotted him the f, the c and the k. And here's the helmet.

[​IMG]

5. BitterYoungMatador2

Shit ass? Prior to the lisping idiot being replaced by the moustached idiot they'd been to five consecutive bowl games, four of which after playing in a conference that still had Miami, Virginia Tech and BC. They ain't USC, but they ain't Duke either.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

They got to one BCS game when they had a chance to get to two or three, especially in 2003 when they got their asses beat by WVa because Rod Rutherford was a horrendous decision maker.

And you and I know the bowl games they went to weren't exactly stellar. Fucking Insight Bowl? C'mon.

BTW, totally agree on Morelli, though the win over Tennessee gives me hope that his 10-cent head can straighten up a bit.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

Why ya think the guy in the sig pic is maligned by me more than anyone? Harris had a great opportunity to turn this team into what Louisville and WVU are now and contiued to drop the ball with recruiting and then whining. I'll give him credit for turning Rutherford into a servicable quarterback, but that was more because Wlat wanted to prove that he IS the quarterbacks guru that everyone blew him up into. Yeah, Pete Gonzalez, Matt Lytle, David Priestly, John Turman, and Rod and the one that got the least teaching from Wlat (Lytle) had the best NFL career of them all. You the man, bro.

Wlat had the ultimate opportunity with the 2002 and 2003 teams and blew it. Not only did he have a nice array of talent, he had something Pitt rarely sees: a sold out stadium that was full of alumni that hadn't thought of Pitt football in more than a decade. Then they shit the bed, the casual fan/alumni said "same old Pitt" and these fools have to start all over again.

And so far, the only thing good I can say about Wannstedt is that the bitch can recruit.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The next time you hear me defending Morelli, I'll PM you so you can go see.

(Don't hold your breath waiting for that PM.) ;)

9. BitterYoungMatador2

And he's not gonna get much better learning the craft of quarterbacking from JayPa. Galen Hall, maybe.

10. outofplace

And I was going to be nice and stay away from the Morelli comparison, but give Palko an arm like Morelli's and he's saying fuck you to people in the NFL for the next 10-12 years.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Morelli has 10-cent head. Palko has a 10-cent arm. Push.

12. outofplace

Pretty much. I'm just a big believer in intangibles at quarterback. Give me the kid who put up his best numbers in the playoffs and won three District championships and one state title in high school any time.

Draft saved Draft deleted