1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Uni watch: It's Code Red for the Pirates

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by linotype, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Oooh, I just went and did some further research on those Padres uniforms, especially circa 1978, the Dave Winfield years .. awful ... just awful ... even worse than what I could remember.

2. donnie23

donnie23 Member

Given the thread title, I think it's only fair to ask Mr. McClatchy:

DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED?!?!?

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

YES.

[​IMG]

4. donnie23

donnie23 Member

Somehow, I knew that was coming.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

See, I'm regretting not buying any on the way home from work. A Code Red sounds good right about now.

6. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Call me crazy, but I liked how all three major sports teams in Pittsburgh used black/yellow/white as a scheme. Now the Pirates have to fuck it all up and get the city's chi fucked up as well. Fuck that red. Home white, road gray, yellow alternate.

And how can you write about the baby blue 80s and not throw in the Atlanta Braves? My brother got me the 81 Neikro road jersey (not sure why), but I have yet to wear it.

I always thought of the old Houston uniforms as candy corn.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I actually wish the Rangers would go back to red. Those were the only years they did anything in the AL West (1996-99).

8. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

White Sox in shorts.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

As far as worst third uniforms, this far surpasses the Mets' hideous black jerseys.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Basically, Pirates season tickets sales are slumping so they needed to do something to gouge the people that are so gulible that they'll buy ANYTHING just because it's new. And I agree that they should bring back the 1979 uniforms. They did bring 'em back for a throwback weekend in 2004 against the reds and looked great. Of course, this is Nutting so god forbid they do anything that make sense.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And collars!

[​IMG]

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

[​IMG]

The defense rests.

Draft saved Draft deleted