1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unhappy preps

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BertoltBrecht, Feb 21, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Hey, the concept of sexual bribery never once came into this discussion. If a MILF offers me a visit to the honeypot, I'll put anything she wants into the paper, including paintball results and previews for elementary school sack races.

2. boots

boots New Member

It's even better to be boots!!!!

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You know what they say, it's better to be looking at an ass than looking like an ass.

4. boots

boots New Member

I had to fix your saying.

5. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

i had a volleyball player this past year write me an email and said I owed her an explanation for why i did not choose her for player of the year, and that her team was the best and that she had been working on the award for four years and I should not have picked a junior because that girl maybe could win it next year and I should give it to a senior.

A nice explanation that said I could care less what year they are and it would be a disservice to only give it to a senior kind of worked. The coach was a bitch about it too.

6. Taylee

Taylee Member

Today, received season's first phone call from dad lobbying for son to be on the all-metro basketball team. Phone lines should be humming for the next month.
    Remind me why we do these all-metro teams.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I thought it was so those players could get athletic scholarships?

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

A pleasant thought, indeed. I especially like when you tell them that the kids likely don't really care about getting their names in the paper as much as they care about hanging with their friends and winning games.

Their reactions, all huffy and pissy as they go straight to the "What is your NAME! I wanna talk to your BOSS!" card, are priceless.

Get a life, grandma.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

do you also hand out blowjobs to little league parents?

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am a little league parent, so I guess you can blow me.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Breaky,

Volleyball teams are about the hardest to pick. So how did you choose your player of the year?

12. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

To recognize how hard these kids work.

Space filler.

Draft saved Draft deleted