1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unfairly maligned TV shows and movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 7, 2012.

1. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Versatile: I can't say anything bad about The Wonder Years since I went to school with Dan Lauria and, if I did, he'd kick my ass.

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Same here.

3. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

I still watch both. There's a couple on Private Practice whose interactions I enjoy. Grey's is still fun, and doesn't take itself as seriously as it used to. They've done a nice job moving the show forward, character-wise.

This is one of the new interns:

[​IMG]

And, in typical Grey's fashion, they said "OK, let's give the cutest intern a bad family past." She was abandoned at birth. No word on a trailer park or modeling, though.

Really enjoy Scandal. Lot of Gilmore Girls alums guest on that show. Like Gilmore Girls had a lot of Twin Peaks alums. The cycle of TV continues . . .

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Scandal is ridiculous. I watch it every week and will probably continue to watch it, but it isn't at all what it started out to be -- dramatizations of actual political scandals and how they're polished up for public viewing -- and it isn't within 100 light-years of plausible.

But Kerry Washington is hot and they dress her up nice.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It's weird that she literally only has three facial expressions though, right?

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That is weird, yes. Even during sex, it's one of those three.

7. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Agreed. Especially the West Wing comparisons.

I mean, of course it's not the West Wing.

8. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Pretty much all of Robin Williams' serious movies. The Final Cut, One Hour Photo, What Dreams May Come, World's Greatest Dad. I think they're all great. Most people are creeped out by him in those roles.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't like most Robin Williams movies, comedy or other.

Notable exceptions:
    'The Fisher King' - I love this movie. It's one of my all-time favorites.
    'Moscow on the Hudson' - I don't know hwy I like this movie so muchy, but I do.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

USA Today once described NCIS as "the worst-written show on TV." I thought that was unfair, and its real breakout in popularity seemed to follow that slam.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Freddy Got Fingered. Over-the-top manic stupidity. I love all of it.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

"Daddy, would you like some sausages?" That movie is so, so dumb but gets me every time. When Tom Green hits his girlfriend in the face, I can't help but laugh.

Draft saved Draft deleted