1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unemployment lines on Sesame Street

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double J, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit producer of Sesame Street and other kids' programs, is cutting about one-fifth of its work force because of the economic downturn.

The New York-based company said Wednesday that it's eliminating 67 of 355 staff positions.

Declaring it is "not immune to the unprecedented challenges of today's economic environment," the company pronounced a need "to operate with fewer resources in order to achieve our strategic priorities.''

http://www.thestar.com/Entertainment/article/600610

The story is not a good one, but I'm probably going to hell because I laughed out loud at the reader comments, one of which said sunny days weren't sweeping the clouds away. Then there was this gem:

How much tighter can the belt get? They've already got one guy living in a trash can, two guys sharing a one bedroom apartment, and no one seems to wear clothes. I can't imagine what other cost saving measures could be implemented.

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/67754/

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Crap! I swear to God, I searched for Sesame Street and found nothing. It's there now, of course.

DTGDTN

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Today's letter is D.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Today's episode is brought to you by the letters D, B and the number -2. Negative numbers? That's right, kids. Better start learning about them now: You'll be seeing a lot of them in the future.

Draft saved Draft deleted