1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unemployment drops to 8.3 percent

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

You being a Republican has nothing to do with it. You posting something so stupid and absolutely devoid of logic is what makes me dismiss you.

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Ronald Reagan's Presidency: Complete Failure.

Democrats controlled Congress at the time, after all.

Logic iz hardt.

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

NO, YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS THE BALL-LICKER!!!!!!!!

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Faux Fascist Noise discusses its Anti-Starman memes to be pushed on all its talk shows:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Complete failure? Also remember, in the 1980's, you still had conservative Democrats, all throughout the South. Republicans were, for the most part, three-piece suit rich guys out of the Rockefeller mode, pre-1984.

For political survival, by the campaigns runs of Mondale and Dukakis, many of the Southern Democrats had to switch over to the Republican party to stay in office.

I won't dismiss anything you say. I mean that.

That's the beauty of the boards -- we can pose as "tough guys" all we want. Still, I like the back-and-forth. :)

6. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Here's a reality check from someone one might consider to be on the side of the administration:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/06/opinion/krugman-things-are-not-ok.html?_r=1&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Of course, I've been told that Krugman is full of shit because when everybody else was thinking 8 percent unemployment would be the consequence of the housing crash, he was pessimistically predicting 9 percent unemployment. It wasn't until the mainstream predictions moved toward 9 percent that Krugman altered his numbers to 10 percent or more.

Which only goes to show that some of this board can't read or comprehend very well, though they might present themselves as experts.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

More lies from the Feds:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/07/us-usa-economy-jobs-jolts-idUSTRE8161I720120207

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

What about it's cousin, Step Up?

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Or it's dumb bastard uncle, Speak Out. "Gisele Bunchen speaks out about Tom Brady's receivers!"

10. BrianGriffin

Gisele Bunchen increases about Tom Brady's receivers!

Fixed it!

11. BrianGriffin

"Gisele ramps up her criticism; Steps up to speak out about Patriots receivers."

Now that there is some GOOD writing.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wetzel weeps with jealousy.

Draft saved Draft deleted