1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Undoubtedly the worst remake of any song I have ever heard........

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

I just heard Anne Wilson (yes,that Anne Wilson....she of Heart.....or when she was a fatty...Fart)........do a remake of

wait

wait

The Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin

It was so horrifically bad, I had to kill my radio.

I don't know who told her that this was a good idea, but it's not....provably not.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I don't think ANYBODY covering "The Immigrant Song" is an idea that can end well.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

3. Frylock

Frylock Member

I just watched The Departed again and whoever does Comfortably Numb butchers it.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Atari covered Elton John's "Saturday Night" two or three years ago, and it was rather hideous.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

You haven't heard that Poison's new album features a remake of Suffragette City?

Blasphemy!!

6. IU90

IU90 Member

Celine Dion did AC/DC and it was fantastic, I couldn't even tell the difference:

7. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Chris Cornell's version of "Billie Jean" is pretty f'n awful. Mainly because he used to be such a bad-ass...it's quite the example of how the mighty have fallen.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

The Ataris' cover of "The Boys of Summer" is perhaps one of the worst I've heard.

9. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I heard on a radio show one night that John Paul Jones accepted Heart's offer to produce one of their albums, provided they DIDN'T cover any Zeppelin songs.

"The Immigrant Song"? Starman's right. Nothing good can come to Western Civilization from such an effort.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Is this a joke?

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Sheryl Crow, Sweet Child O' Mine.

Four minutes of freeze-dried fail

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

End of thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted