1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Undescribable

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/9791102.html

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

How do you "forget" a baby in a car?

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Happened not far from me recently, too. Mom "forgot" to drop her baby off at day care. Well, toddler. I think child was two. Predictable and sad end to story. I'll try to find a link.

Amazing.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/nrv/wb/131773

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, if I ever do have kids, at least I know the bar is set pretty high for World's Worst Parent.

5. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

indescribable

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Happens around here at least once a year, and this is a place where we've hit at least 110 degrees 32 times this summer. I've got two kids, and I don't get it either.

A few weeks ago a cop forgot about his police dog at the end of his shift and left him in the car for 14 hours. It was something like 114 degrees that day. The guy was so distraught when he found the dog's body the other officers took his service weapon away.

7. txsportsscribe

was he prosecuted?

8. Magnum

Magnum Member

There was a story in Missouri recently where two well-respected doctors got mixed up in their morning routine and left their infant child in the car to die. Both doctors thought the other had taken the kid to daycare.

I've also read where these cases have risen dramatically ever since airbags became commonplace in cars: Now that parents are putting them in the backseat more they tend to forget them. Sort of a damned if you do, damned if you don't.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... and here in Cincinnati, too. Mom, an assistant principal at a school, left her kid in the car for eight hours. She remembered to take the damned donuts into work, but the kid apparently wasn't that important. Said she forgot. No prosecution. Bullshit.
    http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/ab/20070823/NEWS01/308230014

10. Cracker

Cracker Guest

In the process of happening. Anything that gets media attention, and you can be sure that Sheriff Joe will be up in that. Not that I disagree with it happening... I'm just not sure it would've happened if it hadn't gotten media attention.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah - misdemeanor neglect charge, I think. And I'm with Cracker - don't have a problem with the charge, but the sheriff probably did it just to pose as the swaggering badass.

Meanwhile this week, someone left a dog outside to die in the heat while they were out of town. Still waiting for the arrest...

12. txsportsscribe

shouldn't it carry harsher penalty because the dog was a cop?

Draft saved Draft deleted