1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Underwear

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I had to go on a road trip and neglected to do my laundry. I had one pair of clean underwear. Long story short ... I had to buy some today so my boys would have a home tomorrow.

When the fuck did underwear get so expensive? I went into a Sears before my game. For three pairs of run-of-the-mill Hanes briefs, it was $10. Their brand was even more.

Since when should it cost $10 to store my junk three times a week? That's ridiculous.

Extrapolate that in rent terms. It costs $23 a week, $92 a month to sheath my truncheon at those prices. I pay less for freaking Dish Network. I'm in the process of refinancing my home, can I refinance my package too?

Then there's the ripoff sizes. My waist size is 35. The underwear sizes were 32-34 (medium) and 36-38 (large). As I'm sure you've guessed ( ::) ), I'm way too much man for 32-34, so I had to go with 36-38. Thank the holy holy I'm packin' down there.

I don't think I'm in some sort of undesirable caste to have a 35-waist, sounds pretty All-American to me. Why the hell wouldn't they have a 34-36?

Extrapolate this to fitted caps. Say I was a big fan of Wilbur Wood. I can purchase a 1972 red White Sox cap that would fit the circumfrence of my dome to the point where it would pass GPS standard. Yet, I can't comfortably garment my privates? What's wrong with this picture?

I'm think it's travesty. I'm seriously considering just giving up underwear in protest. Why should I, or anyone else for that matter, be beholden to society's standards at those prices and with rigid inflexibility?

There's this piece of paper called The Constitution ... no wait ... the Magna Carta, no, fuck ... ah yes ... the Declaration Of Independence that says I have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Commando is the way of the free! God bless America and God smote the undergarment oppressors!

2. I now know way too much about you.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Boxers are better.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I just vomited my spleen.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Just go commando, and that's coming from someone who once covered prep baseball sans undies.

Unfortunately, the back of my pants were ripped too. I didn't feel a breeze at the time, though.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

No, no, no.

This is a serious men's health issue!

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Remember when the gift shop here offered SportsJournalists.com undies?

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Bubbler wears granny-panties! Bubbler wears granny-panties!

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

If Zac Efron can wear "granny panties," so can the supple-assed Bubbler!

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I bet he doesn't look as good in them as Elizabeth Banks.

11. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Now I'm free
    Free ballin'
    (Free ballin', yeah I'm free ballin')

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Or, you could, ya know, throw them in the laundry once in a while... :)

Draft saved Draft deleted