1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Underrated lines in movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jun 20, 2007.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Aliens:

One of the grunts to Vasquez while she's hitting the weights: "Hey Vasquez, ever been mistaken for a man?"
    Vasquez: "No. Have you?"

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Maybe not the best movie overall, but a great "line" movie, is Young Guns II. Plenty of beauts like these...

• Bounty hunter who the governor is trying to hire to hunt down Billy the Kid: "I'd rather drink turpentine and piss on a brush fire. I ain't touchin' em."
    • An exchange between Billy the Kid and Pat Garrett, right before Garrett shoots him:
    Billy: They love me here. I got friends here.
    Pat: Not no more, Billy. Not no more.
    This one always makes me think of the Red Sox-Yankees playoff series in 2004, when A-Rod slapped the ball out of Arroyo's glove. By making the call, it was like the umps were saying to the Yankees, "Not no more, Billy. Not no more."
    • And one more, from when Billy is trying to talk Doc into staying on the trail with him...
    "Three brothers are playing fantan when their older brother rushes into the house. He yells 'Giddup boys, it's the end of the world!'
    The first brother says well hell, 'I'm gonna go get me a bottle of whiskey and a couple of whores!'
    The second brother thinks for a minute and says, 'I'm gonna go pray.'
    And the third brother just sits at the table and says, 'Gentlemen, I shall finish the game.' I shall finish the game, Doc."

3. [​IMG]

"Take Hitler and stick him on the funny pages."

4. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

"Serpentine, Shel, serpentine!"

"There are flames on my car! There are flames on my car!"

And the best ... Brad, after getting fired by Dennis Taylor:
    "I hope you had a helluva piss, Arnold!"

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He actually goes to school here? I thought they just flew him in for games.

6. C'mon, men, we're fighting for this lady's honor, which is probably more than she's ever done for it.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

A few from Big Trouble in Little China:

All from Jack Burton:

"It's all in the reflexes."

"When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

" I'm gonna tell you about my truck, and I DON'T wanna hear "act of God"!

"I took something. I can see things other men cannot see. Why are you dressed like that?"

"You've got a tongue, Dave. Ask her yourself. "

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

That should be your new sig, Fen.

Classic.

Draft saved Draft deleted