1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Undercover Boss

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Feb 7, 2010.

1. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

A lot of people here are quick to say someone should be fired. They probably wouldn't do it if they were in the position of authority.
    However, that guy did need to be talked to and he was. But when, after the owner's first comment, the guy said, "Well, I'm competitive, what's wrong with that," or something like that, that's when bossman should have canned him.

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Three of the Hooters girls.

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i couldn't believe he started to have an attitude with the freakin ceo of the company and in more disbelief when the end notes said he kept his job after apologizing to the employees.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

White Castle was tonight's episode.

One of outcomes - White Castle is starting wellness program. No word if part of program include not eating at White Castle.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Saw this show for the first time tonight and it got a bit dusty in here. Loved Joe and Jose, thought those two guys were awesome. And yes, this show is clearly a fake, heavily-edited piece of fiction (Who has ever gone to a White Castle where at least one fistfight didn't occur) but I'm OK with that because I kind of expected it.

I'll definitely tune in next week.

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Oh dear god yes. At the end, when he told Jose they were giving him a 5K scholarship so he could go to college and the kid couldn't talk for about a minute because he was crying so hard, I had to go get the Kleenex.

And wow at the guy with the visually-impaired kid. Good for the CEO for helping that dad take care of his son.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Imagine if some newspaper chain's CEO did this show.

Wow - your boss makes you work off the clock? That doesn't seem fair. How do you deal with all of these stupid parents? Your copy desk is in a different time zone?
    You spent two weeks putting together a sixteen page sports preview tab and they end up cutting it to four pages because they couldn't sell ads for it? That seems kind of dumb.

8. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

DO,

Sounds like you have a reality show script put together already. Let's send it in to network.

9. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought that was interesting, too. A wellness program for a company that makes food that's horrible for you.....

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Problem is I'm guessing newspaper chain CEOs know about all that. :(

11. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I missed the White Castle episode, but I recorded it.

I hope it's better than the 7/11 one.

The 7/11 employees were pretty good, but the CEO sucked.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

WC isn't any worse than McDonalds. I had to eat at a McDonalds for the first time in years last week and it was completely unfilling, the order takers weren't friendly and I got my order before two people that had ordered ahead of me.

Just confirms that the only thing they do well is Shamrock Shakes. And even those aren't as good as they used to be.

Draft saved Draft deleted