1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Undercover Boss

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Great show.

This is a take on something every one of us has said at some point:

The f*cking CEO should do my job for a day and see what I do for a living.

Great, great stuff if it is, in fact, true.

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

A great concept indeed.

3. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Hooters teaser for next week looks great.

4. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Dean Singleton to the white courtesy phone....

5. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I want to see what that manager who demeans the girls gets from the boss, because from the promo, it looks like he goes back to being the boss to chastise the guy.

6. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I want to know more about the bosses. Like, are they guys/girls who worked their way up through the company (i.e. from the ground up or from the mail room up at the corporate headquarters or some great whiz kid grad who landed a big board room gig)?

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Fixed for Canadian posters.

And I agree - this is a great premise for a show.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe my former publisher, born with a silver spoon in his mouth and who once said his son's high school baseball games we fascinating because one time a (and I swear I am not making this up) "manager was evicted from the game by the umpire", could do the same.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the show, but it's obvious the whole thing wasn't as "real" as they wanted you to believe. The COO just so happened to place himself in positions with bosses who have dealt with terrible health issues and financial stresses. Imagine that!

Great concept. Terrible execution.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I thought the exact opposite. Potentially obvious gimmick show turns out to be pretty interesting and authentic.

Of course they did some advance work and looked for people with compelling stories to include. Why wouldn't they?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Authentic? You can't be serious. It was about the most unauthentic show ever, which you explained yourself.

However, I'm interested to see if the rest of the series is as predictable and follows the same boilerplate.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Just because you put people in the situation doesn't make what happened in the situation inauthentic. That's like saying your two friends aren't really in love because you set them up thinking they'd like each other.

Draft saved Draft deleted