1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Undercover Boss...last night

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Sep 13, 2010.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

OK it was the last of the reruns for season one but I freakin' cried at the end.

Anyone see it and have the same experience (switching back and forth between that and the lousyass Cowboys game)?

Waste Management's CEO was the undercover guy. A black man who fired him at one segment gave him an earful about how he could outdo him 2-1 on collecting trash during one part of the workday and he shouldn't have because he was on kidney dialysis. Turns out the guy has since died. He was collecting trash as a kidney patient? Damn.

I think, I hope that this CEO was as humbled as he seemed....I love this show.

2. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

I think the show is a lot of fun, but I wonder how much of it is set up in advance. Do the producers decide who the boss will work with because of the stories they have?

Even with that, though, at least a couple of people are gonna get help from the boss, which is nice.

I loved the one, can't remember the business, but it was some sort of mail order supply place. Boss could not do any of the jobs associated with the business he owned well enough to continue doing them. And they had a phone CSR like we have all talked to at some point. He said he wanted to fire her on the spot and at the end we learned she had left the company.

Fun show

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

meh, this show got old after about three episodes

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

The Roto-Rooter guy was a complete fool. When he sat in with the dispatcher, it was ridiculous seeing him try to be an idiot.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The White Castle one was cool. They had some real go-getters who were working as like drive through workers, and then some real morons in supervisor roles at distribution centers and what not. It was the only episode I've seen though. Hope to catch some more.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

Thing is, and it probably is groomed....it puts a CEO in a much better light than he is with me msot of the time...and when I think of it, he could do a radically greater good, but at least you seem them come to terms with how utterly shitty his company treats the people who made him rich and powerful to begin with. Unless he inherited the business, in which case he's clueless and helpless...

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

From what I've seen - most CEOs don't know dick about the product or service they are providing. But then again, most CEOs aren't hired to run a company, only to keep the stock price up.

8. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see this show have a newspaper CEO come in and check things out.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It would need a parental advisement for adult language, strong violence and partial nudity.

10. printdust

printdust New Member

Considering what the good folk at CNHI papers just went through....that would be the show I'd watched.

Then again, it's a certainty their CEO wouldn't dare go on the tube.

11. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted