1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Under/Over on times Lizzy Seeberg and Declan Sullivan will be mentioned

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Jan 6, 2013.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

This is off topic and it may have been covered, but is there a difference between ND as an institution covering up this girl's rape and what PSU did? I realize with PSU it was a much larger scale, however, with the NCAA ruling on Penn State I feel as if a dangerous precedent has been set. Could the NCAA at some point, come after ND after this?

I feel like yes. But of course, they wont.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I wonder why that i$.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The NCAA will come after Notre Dame about an hour after The Pope is indicted and convicted for fixing Bingo Games in the Greater Boston area.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Boom_70: No evidence of force! This whole fucking thing... I did not watch Bill Clinton get away with getting his dick wet so that this fucking strumpet ...

The Dude: I don't see any connection to Bill Clinton and Paula Jones, Boom.

Boom_70: Well, there isn't a literal connection, Dude.

The Dude: Boom, face it, there isn't any connection.

Boom_70: Have it your way. The point is ...

The Dude: Your roll, Boom.

Boom_70: The fucking point is ...

The Dude: Your roll, Boom.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

If they did that, they would be opening a huge Pandora's Box. It is not the NCAAs job to police student-athlete behavior. Eligibility? Yes. Academics? Yes. Off-field behavior? That's left to the institution. If coach/AD want to suspend a player for something, fine. We see it every week, from DUIs to whatever.

Some places are stricter than others and it's left to the individual school to make those decisions.

6. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Prince Shembo is now talking about Lizzy Seeberg. Fascinating, I think. Says he wanted to talk all along, but trusted Notre Dame's advice not to. And now he's talking about it because GMs have been asking him and he obviously knows it's out there.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/sports/college/notredame/football/former-notre-dame-linebacker-discusses-sexual-assault-allegation/article_a5d55832-9c28-11e3-99c3-001a4bcf6878.html

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Bill Rhoden will have to edit today's column.

Draft saved Draft deleted