1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Uncut magazine top 150 albums of the decade

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

That's one of the best album covers ever. Also, "Party Hard" still fucking rules.

If I remember correctly, Andrew hit himself in the face with a brick during the photo shoot. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I realize the band has long since gone its separate ways, but is there any love for The Darkness out there?

Still play "Permission to Land" quite a bit, and it's still great. One of the top albums of the Zeros, IMHO.

3. Trey Beamon

Yeah, I still love that album.

The riff on "Growing On Me" is amazing. That the song is about STDs just adds to its awesomeness.

Justin Hawkins' new band, Hot Leg, is pretty good too.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

It's great to see "Funeral" get some big love, though I wish "Neon Bible" made it, and think Interpol's "Turn On the Bright Lights" should've been higher.
    My most notable omission: the Raveonettes' "Lust Lust Lust."

5. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

I was a bit baffled by "Magic's" inclusion. I like the album OK but, for my money, it's weaker than even Springsteen's other '00 work. I'd put "Devil's & Dust" and his Seeger sessions stuff ahead of it easily, and I wouldn't even put either of those on my Top 150 list.

"The Rising," however, was the album that introduced me to the the Boss, and my only complaint is that it didn't rank higher. :)

The absence of Green Day does seem bizarre, as does all the love for latter-day Boby Dylan.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Even stranger, The Dirty South made it, be Decoration Day didn't. (WTF?)

At least they were smart enough to rank SRO fairly high.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The Dirty South is actually my favorite DBT album, probably my favorite album of the decade now that I think about it, so I was glad to see it on there. And while DD has a few songs I can live without, it's light years better than BTCD, which has about five songs that shouldn't have been recorded.

8. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Sorry, I thought I had posted earlier. Must have disconnected or something.

Clarence Gatemouth Brown, Timeless, is one of my favorites of the decade.

Two of the Strummer and Mescaleros are post 2000, tho' the first from '99 (I think) is my clear favorite.

I'm a huge Zevon guy but I'm lukewarm on The Wind.

Weezer should be up there.

Waits's Orphans, Brawlers, Bawlers and Bastards is a good case.

o-<

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'd be pretty hard pressed to come up with one I like more than "The '59 Sound." Probably "Live a Little" and "The World Won't End" by the Pernice Brothers, and that's about it.

10. Trey Beamon

Personally, I think "Yours, Mine and Ours" is the Pernice Brothers' best. Different strokes, I suppose.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Also terrific. I think "Live a Little" is the most consistent, while three of my favorites -- "7:30," "Flaming Wreck" and "Working Girls" are on "The World Won't End."

12. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

The New Yorker had a blurb recently that he's working on some classical music right now. Really.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted