1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Uncut magazine top 150 albums of the decade

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Am I the only one to have not heard of this magazine?

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

They picked the wrong Ryan Adams album to put that high, too. I know Heartbreaker is the one that critics love, but Jacksonville City Nights, Cold Roses and Gold are all better.

They also picked the wrong My Morning Jacket album, although I like It Still Moves a great deal. There's no way Z isn't one of the top 20 albums of the decade, let alone the top 150.

Moving down one spot, I'd take either of the last two Calexico albums over Feast of Wire.

I'll also agree with YGBFKM that Decoration Day is the Truckers' best effort, and with Trey that the lack of Spoon is utter fail.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

And one more thing - I know it's only 7 songs, but "In the Reins" from Iron & Wine and Calexico isn't one of the top 150 albums of the decade? That's a major, major omission.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Uncut hates black people. That list is crap.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

That said, I give you Pitchfork's top 100 of the decade, starting with numbers 20-1:

http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-lists/7710-the-top-200-albums-of-the-2000s-20-1/2/

6. TheSportsPredictor

How many Animal Collective albums did they put in there?

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is Wilco's worst album.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Interesting list ... but as others have said, some major omissions, especially from the harder-rockin' end of the spectrum (System of a Down, Metallica's Death Magnetic).

Another point: Hasn't anybody come up with a better moniker for the decade than "Best of the 2000s"?

How about Top 150 albums from the Zeros decade? [/billy corgan]

9. TheSportsPredictor

Jesus Christ, did I really just look at that Uncut list again and not see "21st Century Breakdown" by Green Day? Did they just draw album names out of a hat?

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Never heard of it, but guessed Uncut was a publication for mohels.

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

No no no. Hipsters wear ironic t-shirts from snorgtees (because they don't have the guts to wear anything from tshirthell) and/or t-shirts from concerts featuring bands you're sure they made up. Stupid hats, too. And non-soccer/football scarves. And whatever they can get their grubby hipster hands on at the Plato's Closet. And Chucks. God, the Chucks.

Pitchfork will give anything reasonably popular a low score and an album featuring Surfjan Stevens farting a 9.6

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

In fairness, Green Day sucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted