1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Uncut magazine top 150 albums of the decade

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The presence of Coldplay and the lack thereof of the Eels makes this list useless.

2. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

The fact that Wilson's voice is a shadow of what it was in the sixties kind of killed it for me.

The bootlegs of the original that I've heard are better, but the finished product still would have maybe been the third best album the Beach Boys ever recorded if it was released in '67 as planned...That said, "Good Vibrations" and "Surf's Up" are amazing songs.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I would go with Elephant for No. 1. I know they've become mainstream, but The Killers first album is a clear No. 2 for me followed by Jimmy Eat World's Jimmy Eat World, Duffy's debut and System of A Down's Toxicity.

After that I'd have to delve deeper into my brain an no one wants that. :)

4. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

The fact that The Delgados Hate is not on the list causes it to lose a great deal of credibility with me. It seems like the list is very narrow in focus. It's like they put every 200X release be a handful of acts on that list.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Unless I missed it, DBT's Brighter than Creation's Dark made it, but Decoration Day didn't? Bullshit.

I own exactly zero of the top 10. I should own AGIB because it's an incredible album, but I don't for some odd reason. The rest I don't give a shit about.

As for Jack White, I'll take the Raconteurs' last album, Consolers of the Lonely (114, I believe), over anything WS except De Stijl.

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

This list does not complete me.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That "Black Holes And Revelations" is not on this list makes it a sham.

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

This list should be renamed "The Top 150 albums of the decade for douches who think they're hip but are actually lame, out of touch losers wearing Ed Hardy t-shirts."

I have a grand total of one album on that list (Springsteen's Magic) and that album isn't even very good. (Liked The Rising better).

I'm not saying I have the best musical taste in the world but I'll take my music over this crap any day.

9. The Killers? Give me a break. Why not nominate the Black Eyed Peas?

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Ok, easy now. The Killers are pretty damned good.

11. I own probably near 40% of that list, so whatever. Get some people talking. On that note, any Steely Dan inclusion that isn't Countdown to Ecstasy is bullshit. Show Biz Kids, motherfuckers. And the 70's version, not the weak, adult contemporary version they've been trotting out lately. Shit's disgraceful.

12. I won't say the Killers are the worst band of all time, but they are nothing special.

Draft saved Draft deleted