1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

uncompensated overtime

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by writing irish, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Taylee

Taylee Member

I suspect that both are doctored. Not necessarily from you, but at my previous job I knew those who would add to their expenses to compensate for the lack of overtime. One supervisor, not mine, even suggested it.

Friend worked at another place that was audited by the government. He'd been gone for about five years, but kept two versions of his time cards. This was about 7 years ago, and if memory serves, he got a check for about $8,000.

At my previous stop, we had a guy on the staff, who was very good at the job, was single and pretty much a loner. He could leave when his work was done but would come in early or stay later or extend his work day because he "had nothing better to do." After about a month, he started complaining that he was working 50 hours a week and not getting compenstated. The boss had to start strict monitoring of his hours.

Draft saved Draft deleted