1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Uncle Drew" schools them youngbloods

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, May 23, 2012.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8DnKOc6FISU

Yes, it's basically a commercial for PepsiMax, and I don't know how much of this is a work, but Kyrie Irving does a good job with his alter ego.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That's not "basically" a commercial for PepsiMax. It's a commercial for PepsiMax. :D

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? I go to urban-city parks ALL THE TIME and there are always a large group of attractive women sitting around watching people they don't know play basketball and they ALWAYS drink PepsiMax with the logo facing the camera.

Just another Saturday night, really.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Too bad Racki didn't show up.

5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

The story is that it was set up to be a Pepsi commercial. So the people knew cameras would be there, Pepsi plugs, etc. But that they were there for a shoot with "Kevin," the nephew who was in on it. Everything I've read indicates the players weren't in on it and the makeup was so good that obviously they didn't know it was Irving. It's very cool regardless, but I choose to believe the action itself was spontaneous. You cynical bastards can believe otherwise.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Don't know the back story, but a few of the players on and off the court are wearing gear from my town's HS hoops team.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

It was shot in N.J., so if you are from there...it could likely by why

Draft saved Draft deleted