1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UNC, women's soccer coach Anson Dorrance finally settle old sex harassment suit

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by franticscribe, Jan 14, 2008.

1. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/story/874955.html

This case is older than dirt. It was dead for years until being revived last year by an appellate court.

I somehow doubt $385,000 will even cover the attorneys fees Melissa Jennings has to have spent by now.

2. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Re: UNC, women's soccer coach Anson Dorrance finally settle old sex harassment s

I called Anson in his office last year to do a story on a local player. Really nice guy and gracious with the interview, although I did want to ask him about these allegations.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

That only took 10 freaking years.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It's about time. Good grief ... and I'm pretty sure than Anson would be gone if not for his record of success in Chapel Hill.

But I have to tip my cap to him for coming to my hometown for a clinic a few years ago. He and a few friendly guys from the other side of the pond who were instructing the kids made for a day of fun and two strong stories on something besides youth baseball one summer.

5. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

I'm sorry, but eight years of sensitivity training? Did I read that right?

What on earth can one do over eight years of sensitivity training? Listen to a lot of PM Dawn?

Mr. Anson Dorrance is going to be sensitive as fuck come 2016.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

That cracked my shit up.

7. Sam Mills 51

Uhhhh, no he won't. It may take that long to wade through his ego.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Re: UNC, women's soccer coach Anson Dorrance finally settle old sex harassment s

Let's see.

Mid-40ish (Dorrance is 56 now) male coach, carrying on discussions with female players age 17 (in some cases) to 23-24.

Skeeeeeeeeeeeeevy. ::) ::)

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Anson Dorrance rivals John Wooden as the most successful college coach ever. He's built a program so magnificent that he basically chooses which players he wants. Not the other way around.

10. Sam Mills 51

But Anson isn't getting everyone he wants. That explains why Chapel Hill, given the lofty standards it has set, has slipped some. Santa Clara, Notre Dame and Portland get enough of the top recruits that it's not just UNC's personal playground.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Did Dorrance have a booster buying him all the best players too?

Draft saved Draft deleted