1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UNBELIEVEABLE!! (her words, not ours)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by spikechiquet, Oct 19, 2009.

1. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

You just cost my kid a band scholarship, dammit!!!

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem to me like it's that hard of a concept to grasp.

But there are reasons why they have to put instructions on shampoo bottles.

3. ltrain1127

ltrain1127 Member

Imagine my horror/amusement Friday night after big game between two in-city rivals and I am standing on the field waiting for players to stop touching the rivalry trophy so I can interview a couple of them after coach gives his talk, and just then, a mother asks me "will us parents get a chance to take team photos." Mind you, I was on deadline, after an OT game, down a man to furlough. It took every ounce of restraint for me to not reply "Ma'am, this is varsity high school football, not fricking little league."

4. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

So she spelled it correctly the first time and misspelled it -- in all caps, no less -- on the second?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

UNBELEEVABLE?

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That's it!

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

It no longer bothers me that people outside newspapers don't understand what I do. Hell, my relatives have no idea what I do, even though I've tried to explain it to them many times. What does bother me, though, is that there are too many people working in newsrooms, and have for any number of years, who don't understand the concept of lead, centerpiece, etc. You don't need to know how to do every job in a newsroom, but you should be familar with plenty of them.

8. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown Member

Baited breath? Really?

Draft saved Draft deleted