1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Oz -

Hutch would roll all over Smith Center. Hutch coach Randy Dreiling said earlier in the year he could split his squad in two, and one would win Class 5A and the other Class 3A. He could be right, and I don't say that because I have a nephew who plays for them. ;D

And 93Devil ... Smith Center's offense is strictly a ground game, and incredibly deceptive. They are not grinding out 15-play, 80-yard drives. They score on a lot of long-yardage runs. What are you going to do, tell your second or third string tailback to fall down when he's in the clear and scooting for a touchdown?

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Like the fucking HB Dive is that hard to execute, with or without practicing it.

3. Platyrhynchos

It's not. But when your offensive linemen are blowing open holes the size of Rhode Island, is the fucking tailback supposed to do hand springs through them?

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

-
    So this school should stop playing like they could beat God, JC and nine prophets.
    -

I just wanted to restate what I typed earlier.

5. Platyrhynchos

I'd take God, JC and nine prophets.
    But with Smith Center's offense, I'd also take the over.

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Word is ABC.com, Good Morning America and ESPN have contacted Smith Center for stories.

As for the score ... look, when the opponent is fumbling inside the 20 six times in the first quarter, what are you supposed to do? When the JV players get in the second half, what are they supposed to do? It's like the game Kansas beat Baylor earlier. Kansas scored on a rushing TD with 20 seconds left in a 58-10 (or something like that) rout.

Someone asked Guy Morriss about that TD. He said, "We could have tackled him."

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

We beat the school my wife went to 71-6 once. Complete with a backward-thrown ball, and all.

Sportsmen, we weren't.

8. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

instead of hitting us with an "UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!" fanboy subject head, let's talk about something that might be remotely interesting

how are you covering this team so your stories are more readable than your threads?

9. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

No, it was Teurlings. I think I've heard stories of the Covington team you're talking about though.

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Well, you're a goddamn ray of sunshine, aren't ya?

11. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

I think I pulled an ab muscle laughing at that. Perfectly placed reference.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted