1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unbelievable...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

So, on Sunday night/Monday morning, I'm wandering through the pet section at the local Wally-World in search of rawhide bones for my German shepherd and, lo and behold, what do my wondering ears appears?

Yes, Christmas music, being played over the store's sound system.

In the first week of October, no less.

Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas music, but, but, but...

2. Flash

Flash Guest

I know. One of the downtown malls has a Christmas display open right next to the Halloween costume store. I started hyperventilating.

3. boots

boots New Member

I've got you both beat. They are selling Christmas trees at K-Mart.

4. Yeah, but that's as food.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

THEY'VE ALREADY GOT THE CHRISTMAS TREE SNACK CAKES OUT?!?!??!?!

6. KG

KG Active Member

I think it's a marketing ploy that backfires and causes many people to dread a holiday that should always be cherished.

7. boots

boots New Member

No, they have a big assortment of Christmas trees. Several sizes and colors. And check this, it was next to the Halloween displays.

8. boots

boots New Member

I didn't see any fruit cakes from Claxton, Ga. It's not officially Christmas season until you see one of those.

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

KMart sucks.

10. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Don't blame the store, blame the company that supplies the music!

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

The Lowe's near me has had Christmas trees on display for three weeks. As soon as grilling season ended, Christmas began.

Fuck Christmas

12. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Went to MacDonald's to pick up lunch and ventured to the drugstore next door. They got rid of all their Hallowe'en stuff and only have Christmas stuff. Can't people let Hallowe'en be celebrated before getting rid of the stuff and actually put out Christmas. I know that making money for businesses is important but COME ON!

Draft saved Draft deleted