1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unbelievable...World Media Comes to UC Davis

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Nov 22, 2011.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Yep. You schooled me. Well done.

Let me know what Fox says tonight, won't you?

2. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Security personnel have had a long history of using food products in their work such as the summer sausage nightstick/baton, the onion rings handcuffs and the fruit rollup visor shield.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Whatever the composition, nowhere does failure to disburse justify pepper spraying.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Ookpik

Ookpik Member

From watching the videos it appears that both the campus police as well as the city of Davis police were present. This brings up several interesting questions:

Who called the city of Davis police?

Why were they called?

What orders, if any, were they given and by whom?

Also, close observation of the videos show that the some of the police, but not all, have what appears to be black tape on their badge.

Why? Was this to obscure possible identification?

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

But, I thought that the former Marine injured by the tear gas canister was the indelible image of the Occupy movement.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This stupidity has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

What, you've never sprayed any on your mashed potatoes? Oh, you must, it's simply delicious.

The "just a food product" talking point is, by far, the most comically ridiculous thing to come out of this little controversy.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This.
    I'm hardly sympathetic to the Occupy crowd (at some point you stop being protestors and become a public nuisance), but to suggest that pepper spray is "just a food product" is laughable.
    If these protestors had been violent? If this were a riot situation? Sure, spray them all day long. At that point they're bringing it on themselves. But these guys were not only just sitting there, some of them looked like they'd been cuffed already. There was no need for this.
    And that's a damn shame. Public sentiment was already turning against the Occupy movement as people realized how stupid, pointless and annoying it had become. Now, thanks to these idiots in California, they'll be encouraged again and we'll have to deal with them for a few more months until they all die of scabies or dysentery (and probably sue the city governments for letting it happen).

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I didn't realize our soldiers are fighting for the rights of hedge fund managers, billionaires and CEOs to protect their billions.

Well done, fighting men and women!

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm almost positive that since it was on campus only the UCD police would have jurisdiction. The report is that the UCD officer has been put on leave so that seems to confirm it.

Draft saved Draft deleted