1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unbelievable photo of gunman in Dallas courthouse shooting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jun 17, 2019.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Well, the police did take one guy's guns away today, after all.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Looking at that picture, man, just chills ya. It's about access to arsenals like that, and it also looks like the guy just walked out of an Urban Warfare video game.

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

At least this time one of our exalted gun nut patriots missed everyone he aimed at, then was quickly shot dead.

Nice work, Rambo. :cool:

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm looking at an unbelievably good example of American Exceptionalism right there, I tell ya.

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Makes perfect sense that just about every adult in America can go out and buy that shit legally. Not a problem.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The guns or the video game? Or both?

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Kills me a little bit that the site doesn't let you look at full-screen sized versions of those photos. You have a guy risk his life to get such incredible photos like that and you have to squint to see them. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Weird crime, too. The guy gets all dressed up with body armor and tons of ammo, as if he's in for a long fight, then indiscriminately sprays the front of the building and is dead within a minute or so? Weird.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I’m a weency bit more concerned about the guns than the video games, although I don’t let my children play violent ones, because I don’t think those things are good for them.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Seems super normal. Glad we can fully arm these guys.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think the popularity of these particular guns and the fetishization of the military go hand in hand. Though completely unrelated, I always enjoyed the military trainers who go into college football programs and have them carry logs and shit, only for the team to get steamrolled in season opener by Alabama.

Stoney likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Everyone gets steamrolled in 'Bama's opener.

Draft saved Draft deleted