1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unbalanced sports rivalries/series

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Nov 5, 2009.

1. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

The ND-USC rivalry has a weird vibe of one team dominating for a stretch, then the other. Or at least it seems to.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

of course.....

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Modern era...
    Yankees 27, Red Sox 2

4. bwright

bwright Member

I don't know about that little factoid (don't really care enough to check), but State has traditionally been very bad in WBB.

Preseason expectations are as high this year though as they've been.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I think there are a lot like that in football. Michigan and Michigan State have a similar lopsided rivalry.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The "real" Browns, as far as I'm concerned. That franchise in Cleveland now is an expansion team even if the league refuses to admit it.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

What about beginning in, say, 2004?

I believe it's UNC where Clemson's never won in basketball. Or won, like, once, 45 years ago or something.

Tennessee had beaten Vandy 22 straight times before Vandy won in 2005. Tennessee leads that series 70-28-5. The Vols are up to 24 against Kentucky.

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

For Boom, the No. 1 D3 fan on the board:

The John Gagliard-coached St. John's football team against their rivals St. Thomas. Haven't lost since 1997, and the Tommies only have one win in the series since 1992.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Are you fucking serious? That is one of the best rivalries in the NFL as far as mutual hatred is concerned.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Appalachian State-Western Carolina ... 53-18-1 in favor of the fighting Armantis.

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This one kinda stands out because Penn State was the clear favorite in most of those games. Ferentz completely has Paterno's number.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This just reminds me how much I hate Paterno for being such a vindictive asshole and killing Pitt-Penn State.

Draft saved Draft deleted