1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unassisted Triple Play by Tulowitzki

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Apr 29, 2007.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

The truly scary part is I think he actually believes it and isn't trying to just start shit with an idiotic answer (although that is accomplished pretty much anytime he posts).

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Poor base-running? Today's was a hit and run, the players broke right before the pitch was thrown. The ball was lined to about where a hit should have been. It was tailing away from Tulo. The runner on second was pretty much dead as is, and Renteria is a quick runner, so he was going to be half way in between.

EDIT: Buck, that was quite eerie. We both said the same thing basically at the same time.

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Would you call Tommy Greene or Kevin Millwood scrubs?

4. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Oh OK
    Runners are told to freeze on liners and return to their base immediately. Rent a Wreck didn't pay attention and continued to run even though the ball never left the infield. The only runner of of luck on that play would be the guy at second because his lead would have killed him.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

And a really lucky night for the pitcher. The most dominant performance I've ever seen was Kerry Wood's 20-strikeout game. He was throwing ungodly breaking stuff and a 98-mph fastball. But because Kevin Fucking Orie couldn't field an easy groundball, it was a one-hitter. I still say it should have been an error, though.

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

If he turned around, he would have been gunned at first.

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

We're not talking about the post-season now, we're talking about the no-hitter they threw. If that was his ERA during his career, then I would agree.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Let me say this slowly:

He. Didn't. Have. Time. To. Go. Back.

It's not that he didn't pay attention -- it's that the whole play was over in about 4 seconds. He was a sitting fucking duck.

9. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Thats because he wasn't paying attention. A base runner has to look back to home plate and pick up the ball to make sure they don't get doubled or in this case tripled off.

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

He did finish 6th in the Cy Young voting in 1993. Near the end of his short career he sucked, but he was solid for the Phillies during those few years.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That's like saying Billy Swift was a solid pitcher because he pitched well in '93.

12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

He went 34-17 for the Phillies during his career. That is not too bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted