1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ummm, SI could you please stop screwing up?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Guybehindtheguy, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Hey SI, flipping through the new issue and love the picture of the Heisman winners at their new Heisman Foundation. One problem, the guy fourth from the right is NOT Tim Brown. It's Desmond Howard, only I barely recognized him without his little microphone wrapped around his head.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Wow. You're right. That would qualify as an oops.

The most striking thing about that spread is Earl Campbell sitting down. Incredibly sad, with all the other guys in cheesy Heisman poses on either side of him.

3. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Speaking of SI screwing up, I haven't got a new issue in over a month. Guess I need to call and cancel my subscription, eh? I wonder why their circulation is going down.

4. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

There wasn't one last week (double issue the week before). Can't explain the rest of it.

5. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Last one I got had Tim Duncan on the cover. Not the post-Finals one, but the one during the Phoenix series.

6. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Might want to pay that subscription.

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Might explain the power going out.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

That's bad, but not as bad as Esquire apparently using a photo of the wrong woman last month for its Sexiest Woman Alive segment. They ran a correction in this month's edition. Still the best magazine out there, though.

9. unigrad

unigrad New Member

Another stupid mistake on the same page . . .
    It's George Rogers, not Rodgers

10. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Yeah, I was paid up. Decided to call today and complain but ... lo and behold, I got my issue in the mail before I could. I guess my mailperson was stealing them or something. I'd half expect it if it was the swimsuit issue, but no.

11. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

And, conversely, it's Johnny Rodgers, not Rogers.

Three major errors on one photo. There was a time when SI wouldn't make that many in a year. Inexcusable.

12. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Hmmm. Desmond Howard, not Tim Brown. George Rogers, not Rodgers. Johnny Rodgers, not Rogers. Makes me wonder, are you sure that's relaly Gary Beban in that photo? Ditto for John Huarte. Makwes you wonder.

Also, are you telling me O.J. couldn't make himself available for this photo? Or is it A.J. Simpson? I forget.

Draft saved Draft deleted