1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Um, that's not Brian Westbrook

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mediaguy, Feb 23, 2010.

1. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Not to encourage such a thing, but sounds like a Howard Stern caller got live onto ESPN, pretending to be Brian Westbrook. Just trying to find a video clip. How can you not screen that call better?

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Awesome look on Van Pelt's face...

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Remember when Dan Patrick got duped on a similar prank call a few years back? I think that was one of Howard Stern's boys pulling that one off as well.

One of these days, Stern's going to get a taste of his own medicine.

5. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Ugh. Some people really need a life.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

That's funny!

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Over 20 years ago Stern's fans started showing how easy it is to get past the switchboard at major television networks and say something juvenile....and they STILL haven't fixed it.

8. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Those of us who have been the victims on a college teleconference wholeheartedly agree with you.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I believe that was a fake Steve Bartman, the day after. It was spectacular.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

SC takes itself way too seriously relative to the lowbrow slapstick they put on the air 13 hours a day every day. That's why I liked this one.

11. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I love that SVP took it all in stride. He could have flipped out, gone on a Buck-esque spiel on the immaturity of the thing, but he just took the punch and rolled with it.
    Yeah, it's not the most mature thing in the world, but give the SC guys some credit - they got burned bad and they didn't put the blame on anyone.

12. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

I agree. I don't find this kind of stuff funny, but I did like SVP's reaction. It's better to take that kind of stuff in stride than make it worse.

Draft saved Draft deleted