1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Oct 1, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Didn't see a thread on this. If there is, someone can delete...

Anyone catch the Kimbo-Nelson fight on TUF last night? Complete letdown. Neither guy looked great standing up, and all Nelson did was take his 35-pound weight advantage and fall on Kimbo. Good strategy, I guess, and it won him the fight, but boooooring!!!

From the prevews of upcoming shows, it looks like Kimbo might get a second chance sooner than later.

2. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

People sure are interested in seeing Kimbo fight.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/10815/

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I watch the UFC here and there, and it seems to me the company is going to do everything it can to get Kimbo that contract. But then he's really going to get killed. Then what? I guess Dana White figures he can get one giant payday out of him and move on.

4. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

I thought they rebranded Kimbo well in the last episode. He's now a guy with a good attiude who's trying to learn the sport. If he loses it doesn't really matter. If the history of MMA has taught us one thing it's that guys can lose and still retain their stardom.

I doubt Kimbo will win the contract. I can see him back in the show at some point though.

After the show he'll be around. He'll have fights in the UFC. Some he'll win and some he'll lose. People will probably be interested all the same though. Kimbo's going to be in buiness with Dana White for a long while.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

UFC turned Kimbo from a thuggish street fighter into a funny, humble underdog. I want to see more of that Kimbo.

6. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

It's a typical fight for Kimbo these days because everyone knows how craptastic he is on the ground and they know that they can take him down and basically lay on him or sub him in no time. As long as the UFC keeps matching him against wrestlers, that will happen. What they need to do is throw him in the ring against someone who will want to stand with Kimbo.

But it's pretty certain he will fight in the UFC, and that kinda pisses me off based on all the shit Dana White talked about him. Now he's backtracking, saying the only way he'd ever get to UFC is being on TUF (not winning it, mind you, just being on it). Dana White knows a gold mine when he sees it, and he'll bleed it dry.

As for the rest of the show, I've posted a potential spoiler below.

********************POTENTIAL SPOILER AHEAD, DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW****************************

Kimbo will fight again, and a lot of speculation is that they pretty much gave it away last episode. During the scene in which Roy and teammates are all sitting outside talking about the fight, Roy says something to the effect of "If you get him in a crucifix position, like I did, and you hit him and start counting, the ref has to acknowledge it." He was talking to Brandon Schaub, which leads everyone to believe that Kimbo will fight Schaub at some point. It was meant to look like that was taped the night before the Kimbo-Big Country fight, but if you go back and watch it, you can clearly see Roy was talking as though he had already fought Kimbo.

Draft saved Draft deleted