1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ukraine Always Get What You Want

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was expecting you F’d up. Either way, it’s funny

dixiehack and Baron Scicluna like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

What the fuck, India? You’re supposed to be a peace-loving democracy.

4. Neutral Corner

Ask the Moslems in India how democratic the BJP is.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I posted this in April. ...

I have said it several times, too, when the U.S. sanctions have come up. There are no sanctions preventing Russia's oil and gas exports (the U.S. sanctioned it, but we were never importing much Russian oil anyhow) and they are selling a ton of both for high prices. I said it when he invaded. Oil and gas are his real currency, so you can try to weaken the ruble, but as long as he can trade oil and gas for say Rupees and Yuan, he is working with a strong currency.

7. Neutral Corner

That's been true as far back as the UN Oil for Food scandal.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Indians around here in Texas seem more interested in buying up all our fencing than they are oil. They've got a lot of farmers pissed off.

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

India is also a rapidly growing emerging economy in dire need of cheap energy. The India-Russia relationship is far warmer than many Westerners might expect as Russia has been India's biggest arms supplier for years, and sharing a land border with its two biggest enemies means New Delhi won't be eager to piss off its preferred arms dealer by hopping on board the Russia sanctions train.

Plus, the US and its allies aren't in a position to strong-arm Delhi as India is an important part of initiatives like the Quad, I2U2, and the broader Indo-Pacific strategy. The last thing Washington wants is for Delhi to rediscover its commitment to non-alignment and heed China's frequent insistence that it pursue an "independent foreign policy". In a world of five, you must always be one of three.
    US seeks to wean India from Russia weapons with arms-aid package
    India, China other Asian nations growing markets for shunned Russian oil

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted