1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UK Terror Plot Thwarted

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dude, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Seems like upping the sceurity level would have been a tip that they were on to something, thus ruining the investigation. The terrorists scatter, start planning something else, and we start all over again. As long as you know the general timing of the plot (like they're a month away instead of two days), it's better to keep things quiet and bust the bastards.

2. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

I can see them high-fiving over that victory

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You know what I'm saying, though, right? Just one more little piece of liberty shit on.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

1. As I understand it, the reason for the super red alert in the UK was uncertainty (which still exists) they'd caught all the plotters, which is a very good reason indeed.
           2.   Not that anything's perfect, but I'd rather the terrorists spent their energies trying to beat airplane security, which is rigorous and easier to make near-foolproof, then that they figured out how many less complicated ways there are to create mayhem in America. Look, here's a method of blowing up airplanes that can be foiled by making people put their shampoo in checked luggage and throwing away their Starbucks containers at the gate. That's hardly draconian police state action. Get a grip, gang.
           3. They didn't kill as many people, but the DC snipers, a pair of nowhere maniacs with a rifle, came a lot closer to shutting down our nation's capital through terrorism than the maniacs who flew an airplane into the Pentagon. That's the sort of terror action that worries me the most. Simple, easy, and no conspiracy with a potential for stool pigeons.

Draft saved Draft deleted