1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UK fans to Feinstein: No Christmas card this year

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Central-KY-Kid, Jun 7, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

hahahahahaha

Feel free to rip Pennsylvania, Virginia, New York and Arizona. I have all lived in those states for a period of time. You can also take shots at immigrants from Europe in the 1920s and 30s and especially those from Poland, Croatia and Slovenia.

Lord, you guys get worked up. I just don't.

Oh, now I can see where some of the hate to Feinstein is coming from.

Wow, we are back on topic.

2. http://www.ibras.dk/montypython/episode26.htm

The bloody Treaty of Utrecht!

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

There's still coal in Kentucky?

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I knew there were a few. I didn't know there were that many. Anyway ... they're still like two different states.

5. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

What you did would be like saying all of Missouri is like East St. Louis (if you ever go there, don't go back). Or Indiana is like Gary. Or all of New York is like the Hamptons.

You took a small sector and turned that into your representation of a wide-reaching state (which takes more than six hours to drive across from east-west).

Coal seems to affect your life more (since you are so well-versed in it) than it does mine and I live here.

And of course you are going to say what you posted wasn't that bad, because you don't want to look like a buffoon.

Too late.

6. KG

KG Active Member

Ever heard Paradise by John Prine? Many felt the same about mining which also pushed it out of the area.

7. KG

KG Active Member

Ok this is making me really homesick.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Kentucky's biggest contribution to America:

[​IMG]

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You know, I was trying to be nice.

Do you tell the people of the coal mining community that they are not part of "your" Kentucky?
    Do you tell the people of the Western part of your state that they do not matter?
    Do you tell them that you are embarrassed by them?

Oh, your basketball team has not been worth a lick since your coach (and the players he recruited) left you for the NBA.

You need to lighten up.

And I didn't even bring up the Hatfields and the McCoys or the Dukes of Hazard.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

One thing no one has pointed out to 93Devils:

What the FUCK (!!!) does coal have to with college basketball?

Miners = UK fans. Got it.

As for CK, he never said he isn't proud of the coal miners (hell, we had Coal Miner's Daughter made for us, which is one of his favorite flicks of all time), he was just saying it doesn't dominate our lives like you think it does.

And there's plenty of shit to do here after the Derby. Land between the Lakes, Newport Aquarium, Kentucky Speedway, Keeneland, races at Churchill throughout the year, the Kentucky Horsepark (open all summer and through end of November), basically anything in Louisville, Hub City. We don't need professional sports to keep us entertained.

You know a lot of schools, eh? I've lived here for most of my damn life and I can't name ONE such school. Do yourself a favor and look up Letcher County Central High School and East Ridge High School and tell me if you think they run on coal. Chances are no...

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Get it right. Hazzard the TV show has two Z's in it. The city in Kentucky, which I've been to many a time, has one Z.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

The first three lines may be the biggest reach from what's been posted in the history of this board.

The last line, combined with several other posts you've made off this thread, are what have me convinced you're borderline retarded.

Draft saved Draft deleted