1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UK At It Again

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Sammi, Oct 6, 2011.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Has it been made clear which way was, in fact, the way Tipton asked the question?

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I guess I was a bit confused by that -- is that the undisputed version of the way it all unfolded? If that's the case, then yeah, I see no big whoop about it.

All of this is secondary of course to the idea that dealing with the Kentucky basketball fan base is a fate worse than death.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is this Peevy or is this coming from Calipari? I know some great SIDs who have turned into miserable bastards at the behest of the dickhead coach that they work for. I don't know if Calipari is that guy. I dealt with him a couple times when he was with the Nets and he was pleasant, but they're usually more professional at that level and they have more control when they're at the collegiate level.

I dealt with Peevy when he worked for the SEC and if nothing else always found him to be professional.

5. I'm sure a lot of this is coming from Calipari. (This is why institutions of higher learning should not cede all powers to a coach). But that's why having a competent SID is all the more important.

Peevy was harmless at the SEC...Now he actually has to make decisions rather than play in the corner with blocks all day.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's my guess as well.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Made me smile...

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Seems more like mascot behavior than media relations.

Draft saved Draft deleted