1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Uh oh - more asterisks needs for MLB! Who told you so - lol? Mark = HOF

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John D. Villarreal, Apr 28, 2007.

?

Now after all of the PED revelations how many feel Mark McGwire should be in the HOF?

1. Yes, he was always a HOF'r

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  2. Yes, he has suffered enough vote him in

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Probably, most of MLB was using some PED

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  4. Maybe

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  5. No, I hate Mark

15 vote(s)
    48.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Re: Uh oh - more astericks needs for MLB! Who told you so - lol? Mark = HOF

Then again, spnited, you could have seen that I pointed that out to JDV in my second post on the thread.

2. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Um, why was this thread even necessary in the first place? When was the last time the red-headed steroid child was a big name in the news?

3. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Hey Indian's!

Great to have you back in the mix.

100% right on your post. I know it man - but hey remember I have no expertise, "why listen to me", I have no scoops, etc., etc. LOL. All this when I laid it all out on video in a SOLID primer and have made myself available for months to journalists that were rational and could act mature and trustworthy.

How hard is that?

Oh well, I am still here so there is always hope I guess. Although, it is looking more and more likely that I am going to have to write that book or go back to old contacts at the WWL when the time is right and deal with the "pros and cons" of doing so.

Honestly, I would probably want to set something up with either Rome, Lebatard, or Tim Brown as those are some guys with the right reach and I could trust to get it right & be fair. Well, I guess Witlock too since he has been cool to my bro.

JDV

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Which "experts" have said Mark has the numbers to be in the HOF? I seem to remember most folks saying even sans steroids that Mark has marginal numbers at best.

5. John D. Villarreal

Most experts disagree, as do the fans, as do the players, etc.

6. John D. Villarreal

All on-air personalities at ESPN with votes (including Gammons, Jason S., etc.) voted for Mark to be in the HOF. Where have you been SC?

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Threads like this make me wish Al Gore never invented the internet, and that I never watched The Reading Rainbow as a kid.

It also reaffirmed who the biggest, neediest, attention whore on this board is.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

boots hasn't posted here.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Good point.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Boots doesn't post pictures of himself.

11. John D. Villarreal

Ha ha, yeah certain aspects of life were good with Mark & those were some AWESOME times, but believe me he had his down times & challenges & is actually pretty sensitive, anyway.

Look, your point at the end is garbage. I would like it if he did get involved in an anti-drug campaign (which he offered to do at the Congressional Hearing BTW) but that is not his duty to do so, especially now & should have NO bearing on his HOF status.

To say so is garbage & unfair.

Look, again Mark & I have a different style of media/PR. Frankly, if he had been listening to me the last few years he would have NEVER been in this mess. Unfortunately, when I caught up with him it was too late.

I don't want to point fingers but the "blame" in the whole fiasco is easy to find (although is likely shared by a few & I know who).

JDV

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

CradleRobber does, Headbutt. What's your point?

That's not what makes an attention whore. At least with JDV, you know he's going to talk about himself and never hide that.

boots is the biggest dickbag this board has ever seen. Ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.